"iVDR " stands for Information Versatile Disk for Removable usage . Two specifications have been set for iVDR, one for the cartridge type designed with consideration for portability and the other for the built-in type which is mounted inside equipment.
- The cartridge type realizes ubiquitous applications with transferring of content made possible between equipment in homes, on vehicles, or in portable equipment.
- The built-in type enables increasing the capacity of built-in hard disks of digital TVs or hard disk recorders easily.
- Both types while being removable, enable large capacity recording and high speed random access which are possible only with hard disk drives.
- Interface is based on Serial ATA and copes with a high speed transfer rate of 1.5 Gbps.
- By using a multiple number of units, the user may easily build up even servers that possess Tera-Byte capacity.
- For protection of contents of videos, audios, etc., SAFIA (Security Architecture for Intelligent Attachment) is used. iVDRs mounting this SAFIA are called iVDR-Secure.
Copyright reserved by http://www.ivdr.org